In a very special and most ridiculous episode of After 9, Chad and Zac honor that most sacred of seasons, Shark Week. So this year we invited a bunch of our amazing youth ministry podcast friends to talk about sharks, answer shark trivia, and find out who really knows what about the shark lifestyle
In episode 88 Zac and Chad open up to the question of purpose that every youth worker and student pastor faces from time to time. In the busiest seasons of church ministry, we can feel like we give and give, and yet so what? Listen in for wisdom related to the rediscovering the true nature of the work, the wonder, and the call to minister.
5 Types of Vacation
- Day-Off or Digital Detox: One day away from the grind and busyness of church work is more than a good idea is scriptural! Take some time each week, every week, okay at least most week? To untether from the phone and step away from the work stuff. Get outside unleashed from digital restraints.
- Short Run No Work:" Get out of town or have a staycation when no one knows how to get you. Seriously, get away from the work,
- "Long-term Made plans:" This is the big one, the summer or spring trip you have been planning and saving for. Do it right and make all the plans ahead of time so you only have to touch base when necessary. We understand be accessible but don't let this turn into a work trip. Keep work in the work bucket and enjoy this long term time away. It will do you and your youth ministry some real good!
- Medical Leave, Family Emergency: Yeah you don't always get to plan when you take time off and part of the plan is helping for the unplanned. Surprise! you are sick, Surprise! a family situation needs you more than work. It's okay people, volunteers, leaders, and students know that you know that they will survive and you need to take care of yourself and/or family.
- Sabbatical: A big chance to work on you, a big project, or to work on the ministry and not in it. It's huge. It matters and if you can your way to one, make it count. This is the gift of being somewhere long enough that you have earned a chance for the longview.
In this episode of After 9 Zac interviews aussie blogger and youth pastor Jon Coombs. Hear the ministerial honesty from half a world away as one of Melbourne's finest student pastors shares his heart about what it means to serve in youth ministry long term and what the simple gospel has to say about the power of God working in the lives of young people. If you were called to ministry young or have continued to serve for more than a decade, or have a dad as a pastor this one is for you.
In this special interview episode, Zac sits down with high school student Harrison, of the Engage podcast, to talk about starting a podcast and what high school youth ministry students are looking for. It is fun, exciting, and yes engaging! Harrison is wise beyond his years and helps to put a voice to the high school students experience.
Middle school students, what do they want? what do they need? what even are they? In this special episode of After 9 Zac and Chad reach out and interview a few middle school students to help youth ministry leaders and youth pastors address what the wants and needs of middle school students are these days.